Children and Young People's Nursing (Pre-registration) MSc
This course offers graduates from a range of backgrounds the opportunity to enter the nursing profession in two years. It is designed to equip you with the hands-on clinical and care skills to prepare you to practise autonomously and compassionately, providing family-centred care and building therapeutic relationships to become a caring practitioner well prepared to meet the needs of children, young people and their families.
- This course aims to prepare you to analyse the needs of, and develop and deliver effective care for, children from birth to young adulthood.
- You will consider their physiological needs, mental health and wellbeing in the provision of care and understand the importance of evidence-informed practice, care and compassion.
- The course is designed to challenge you to develop high standards of person-centred care, skills in coordinating complex care, clinical, legal and ethical decision-making, leadership and mentoring.
Those who successfully complete this course will be eligible to apply for registration as a Children and Young People's Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) to practice as a registered professional in nursing. Registration may be subject to additional costs1. The course is a strong indication to current and potential employees that you have both the ability and the academic characteristics required for working in a variety of CYP health settings. The programme is developed with the aim to position you for an accelerated career pathway to become a future nursing leader, clinical expert, educator or researcher within the profession.
- Applicants should ideally hold a good honours degree of 2:2 or above in a health-related subject however, applications with other degrees and relevant care experience will also be considered on an individual basis.
- General Requirement :-
- Indian Students-Students must achieve 60% in a 3 Year Undergraduate Degree or 55% in a 4 Year.Undergraduate Degree Students from the following Universities will be considered with 55% in a 3 Year Undergraduate Degree (unless applying for Health and Life Science courses): Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai (Madras), Anna, Amity, Andhra Pradesh, Aligarh Muslim, Pune, Bangalore and JNTU.
- Arab Students-Students who hold a Bachelor’s Degree should have an average grade of 60% or above. Students who have an average grade of 70% or CGPA of 2.5 out of 4 for the Postgraduate Research programmes with a satisfactory research proposal.
Indian Students IELTS Waiver:-65% in Standard XII English language from certain examination boards only (Central boards, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Uttarakhand)