Aviation Management BSc (Hons)
Aviation Management BSc (Hons) is a highly focused business management degree, designed to develop resilient professionals able to proactively apply specialist knowledge, skills and capabilities in a diverse, global aviation industry.
- The course focuses on management of the multifaceted aviation industry from day one. You will be encouraged to explore the complex inter-relationships that exist between various stakeholders, such as airlines, airport operators, regulators, representative bodies and industry suppliers, in what is a dynamic and challenging environment.
- The course encourages individuals with an enthusiasm for commercial aviation to develop and expand their understanding and engagement of the sector. Our aim is to raise your aspirations for management and positions of leadership that could help shape the future of the industry. The course offers an opportunity for individuals from a broad range of subject interests, experiences and backgrounds to develop the knowledge, skills and capabilities commonly required to chart a successful career within the aviation industry.
- The course brings together management and transport systems theory, economics, aerospace engineering, logistics, transport geography, regulation and safety. It aims to provide a progressive learning journey, culminating in a holistic appreciation of the complexities of the global aviation ecosystem. Our current expert course team offer academic expertise and practical industry experience with an aim to immerse you in applied learning; utilising simulation, practical activities and exposure to industry.
- The course threads together the aviation ecosystem with business awareness, strategic thinking, technical understanding, and operational application by embedding research-active teaching and industrial engagement. You will be guided through the foundations of aviation management towards a focused and applied business and operational appreciation. In your final year (level 6), you will be encouraged to demonstrate a strategic, independent and critical approach to problem identification and resolution which culminates in the submission of your dissertation.
This course aims to prepare you for a wide range of career options within the aviation industry, either in the UK or overseas – from airline and airport management to air transport consultancy, roles with industry suppliers and manufacturers or in international logistics. Previous graduates have progressed to roles in airport and airline operations management, consultancy, finance and revenue management as well as various graduate schemes and further study. Coventry University is committed to preparing you for your future career and aims to give you a competitive edge in the graduate job market. The university’s Talent Team provide a wide range of support services to help you plan and prepare for your future management and leadership career within the aviation industry.
- Indian Students-Students who have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate with a minimum GPA of 3.5 or the Equivalent to 65% of total GPA.
- Arab Students need to meet any of the following-
- Students who hold an International Baccalaureate (IB) from High School with a minimum score of 30 overall.
- Students who have 3 A-level passes with a minimum grade of C or above.
- Students who hold a Diploma with 2.5 GPA out of 4 or 3.0 CGPA out of 5 (subject to syllabus match).
- Students who completed American high school should have 2 APs with 2 points or higher.
- Students who hold Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations or Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Indian Students IELTS Waiver:-65% in Standard XII English language from certain examination boards only (Central boards, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Uttarakhand).