Food Safety, Inspection and Control BSc (Hons)
This course has been designed for people who have a passion for food safety, inspection, regulation and global food developments and want to make a difference to the quality of the food we eat. Additional key points:
- Ranked No.6 for Food Science in The Complete University Guide 2021
- This course incorporates the academic content of the Higher Certificate of Food Control, the baseline qualification for food hygiene and standards, official controls and the inspection of food premises within the UK.
- We use simulation to develop the skills you will need in industry, for example preparing and presenting a court prosecution case.
- Our multi-million-pound Alison Gingell Building features a suite of analytical and biological laboratories where you can gain hands-on experience in food safety, inspection and analytical techniques.
This course is designed to meet the needs of the food industry and regulatory agencies by covering skills including how to assess food safety risks, advise on food hygiene and safety, inspect food and food premises, and understand and apply legislation relating to food. We aim to share knowledge about how technologies will aid the food quality assurance process, and the problems of maintaining a sustainable global food chain. In addition, there will be opportunities for you to develop skills in problem solving, teamwork and effective communication that may be applicable to non-discipline specific graduate career routes.
- Indian Students-Students who have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate with a minimum GPA of 3.5 or the Equivalent to 65% of total GPA.
- Arab Students need to meet any of the following-
- Students who hold an International Baccalaureate (IB) from High School with a minimum score of 30 overall.
- Students who have 3 A-level passes with a minimum grade of C or above.
- Students who hold a Diploma with 2.5 GPA out of 4 or 3.0 CGPA out of 5 (subject to syllabus match).
- Students who completed American high school should have 2 APs with 2 points or higher.
- Students who hold Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations or Central Board of Secondary Education.
- Indian Students IELTS Waiver:-65% in Standard XII English language from certain examination boards only (Central boards, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Uttarakhand).