BA (Hons) Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) and Linguistics
BA (Hons) TESOL and Linguistics gives you the professional skills and academic knowledge to teach English around the world. Our programmes are designed to offer deep critical, theoretical and practical understandings of theories and approaches to teach English in a multilingual world. In addition, you will be equipped with advanced linguistic knowledge about language use, structure and variation in order to prepare you for the practical challenges and excitements of teaching English to speakers of other languages.
You will learn how to tailor your language teaching approaches depending on learners’ needs, how to design specialised teaching materials to cater for specific contexts and how to engage with debates about social and ideological issues in English language education.
- Arab Students:-You must have at least one of the following:
- Tawjihiyah plus foundation year
- a higher technical institute diploma
- a junior health college diploma
- an associate degree
- an undergraduate diploma
- Indian Students:- You must have both:
- Require 60% or above in Higher Secondary School Certificate (Standard XII)
- Require 60% or above in English Language and Mathematics in Standard X.
- IELTS Waiver for Indian Students:-
- We will accept the following XII standard English State Boards with a score of 70% or above as an alternative to IELTS: CBSE, CISCE (ISC)
- We will accept the following XII standard English State Boards with a score of 80% or above as an alternative to IELTS: Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal Boards
- Foundation option available for this course