BSc (Hons) Computer Science
Specialise in software development while also having the opportunity to cover a broad range of emerging topics, preparing you for an exciting career in computing. Why study BSc (Hons) Computer Science at BU?
- Develop the versatility and personal qualities to combine software development and theoretical aspects of computer science to meet the most versatile and broadest needs of employers in a global context
- Build and improve your applied technical skills with a strong appreciation of a wider range of computing topics to develop a broad range of computer applications and solutions for any organisation
- Study and practice in our state-of-the-art speciality labs with enterprise grade hardware and fully virtualisation ready enterprise level infrastructure
- Engage in a series of practical industry-focused tasks and co-participate in a range of research projects, not only with BU staff but experts from other institutions and industries in the UK and the world
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- You'll be qualified to work as an IT professional in a variety of roles, ranging from software engineer/developer to AI researcher, front-end developer or DevOps engineer.
- Indian Students Requirement:-
- You can apply to study a Bachelor’s degree from year one if you hold a Higher Secondary School Certificate/Standard XII and have achieved an average percentage of at least 65% (although some courses will require this to be higher).
- You can undertake a Foundation Certificate before going on to an undergraduate course if you have successfully completed 12 years of schooling in India and achieved a minimum of UKVI IELTS (Academic) 5.0.
- Arab Students Requirement:-
- You can apply to study from year one of a Bachelor's degree from year one if you have completed:
- A foundation programme
- A Levels, or
- International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma.
- Twelve years’ schooling in Saudi Arabia and minimum IELTS 5.0
IELTS waiver for Indian Student:-
- IELTS waiver is given to State Boards Only from Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka State.
- MoI accepted if the UG completed in past One year from the Course application date)