BSc (Honours) Chemistry with Foundation Year
Develop your understanding of chemical concepts through practical laboratory sessions, gaining hands-on experience of cutting-edge analytical instrumentation and modern synthesis methods.
- Develop real-world chemistry problem-solving skills in the context of biological, environmental, materials and pharmaceutical science.
- Gain experience of industrially-relevant analytical instrumentation, modern synthetic techniques and application of computing in chemistry.
- Take the opportunity to complete a work placement – either in the UK or abroad.
- Transfer onto an MChem route for a specialist year of research intensive study working alongside our internationally recognised researchers
This course prepares you for a wide range of careers including:
- analytical science
- academic chemistry research
- pharmaceutical and drug development
- polymer and materials chemistry
- regulatory affairs and chemical patent law
- teaching and education
- scientific sales and recruitment
Previous graduates of this course have gone on to work for world-leading companies such as:
- analytical chemists at AstraZeneca
- biological monitors for the Health and Safety Laboratory
- validation chemists for Waters Ltd
- polymer scientists at Reckitt Benckiser
- communications account manager at Notch Scientific Communications
- Standard XII with an average score of 65%
IELTS Waiver available