Advancing Physiotherapy Practice MSc
This clinically focused course is offered to qualified physiotherapists who wish to develop their practice to a higher level. This course normally attracts students from many different countries including the UK, India, Pakistan, Japan, Thailand and the Middle East. Each student brings their own experience of physiotherapy from their home country, which they have the opportunity to share with fellow students and teachers. Thus, all students may have the opportunity to gain a global experience2 of physiotherapy as they learn alongside physiotherapists from different cultural backgrounds or from tutors who have experience of teaching students from across the globe.
This course provides you with the opportunity to develop your physiotherapy skills to a higher level, supported by an experienced and dedicated team of staff.
- Opportunities to develop your assessment, clinical reasoning and treatment skills in the three core areas of practice: cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal and neurological physiotherapy
- Aims to improve your employability by enhancing clinical, management and leadership skills
- Opportunities to develop and practise your clinical skills in an environment that closely resembles real-life clinical practice.
Why you should study this course?
- This course offers physiotherapy graduates the opportunity to progress their professional development immediately following completion of their undergraduate programme.
- You will have the opportunity to be taught in our multi-million-pound Alison Gingell Building, which has state-of-the-art skills labs, simulation suites, therapy equipment and technological support.
- Our current teaching staff are both experienced in teaching and also clinical experts. Staff view providing support to your transition to master’s level learning as an integral part of their teaching role and past students have found this support to be an invaluable contribution to their academic development.
- You will have the opportunity to develop interpersonal skills and cultural competence from learning alongside a globally diverse group of students in both the physiotherapy classes and the inter-professional classes.
- One of the great benefits of postgraduate study at Coventry University is the opportunity to undertake the Global Professional Development module, which has been developed in partnership with the Chartered Management Institute1. You will have opportunities to develop skills in strategic leadership and entrepreneurship and on successful completion will gain additional qualifications from CMI.(See accreditation section for more information).
Students must achieve 60% in a 3 Year Undergraduate Degree or 55% in a 4 Year.Undergraduate Degree Students from the following Universities will be considered with 55% in a 3 Year Undergraduate Degree (unless applying for Health and Life Science courses): Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai (Madras), Anna, Amity, Andhra Pradesh, Aligarh Muslim, Pune, Bangalore and JNTU.
65% in Standard XII English language from certain examination boards only (Central boards, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Uttarakhand)
IELTS 6.5 overall with no component lower than 5.5 (except where course requirements are higher) and other acceptable SELT tests such as the Pearson Test of English (PTE).
Students not meeting the above can take the Coventry University English Test.