MSc Advanced Computer Science
The MSc in Advanced Computer Science gives you the depth of skills and knowledge needed to excel in the field, whether through further study, research or a rewarding career in computer science.Our £32.5m Computational Foundry lies at the heart of this course. Sophisticated teaching and research equipment include a Vision and Biometric Lab, a Maker Lab, a Theory Lab, a Cyber Security/Networking Lab, a User Lab and a Visualisation Suite.
Ideal if you are a Computer Science graduate or if you have relevant experience from a different first degree, this MSc provides a fresh level of detail with specialist modules.You will choose modules from a diverse range of computer science subjects. These include artificial intelligence, cryptocurrencies and operation systems, big data, and network security. Broad learning in year one is followed by a substantial project module in year two, putting you in a strong position when it comes to seeking employment.
Completing this MSc will considerably enhance your computer science career prospects. Our graduates often progress to rewarding employment in the field of computer science with a well respected employer. Below are a number of recent destinations.
- Software engineer, Motorola Solutions
- Change coordinator, Logica
- Software developer/engineer, NS Technology
- Workflow developer, Irwin Mitchell
- IT developer, Crimson Consultants
- Programmer, Evil Twin Artworks
- Web developer & web support, VSI Thinking
- Software developer, Wireless Innovations
- Associate business application analyst, CDC Software
- Software developer, OpenBet Technologies
- Technical support consultant, Alterian
- General requirement-
- Indian Students-
- Successful completion of a relevant Bachelors degree from a recognised institution with either a Second Class Upper Division or a Second Class Lower Division equivalent:
- Second Class Upper Division equivalent: 60%; or CGPA 6.7 (10 point system); or CGPA 6 (7 point system); or CGPA 3 (4 point system) - including Standard XII in English - 70% or above (or equivalent).
- Second Class Lower Division equivalent: 55% or CGPA 6.1 (10 point system) or CGPA 5.5 (7 point system) or CGPA 2.67 (4 point system) for institutes of national importance/LLB) including Standard XII in English - 70% or above (or equivalent).
- Arab Students-Candidates are expected to have successfully completed a relevant Bachelors degree from a recognised institution with a minimum of a Second Class Lower Division: CGPA 2.5 (out of 4.0) or Grade C+ CGPA 3.5 (out of 5) or 75% or Grade C+ with IELTS 6.5 with 6.0 in each part of the test (or equivalent)
- A 2:2 honours degree (or above) in Computer Science or other relevant discipline.
Indian Students IELTS Waiver::-
- Only Below State Boards are eligible for IELTS Waiver – Karnataka State, Maharashtra State, Tamil Nadu State, West Bengal State,AP (2018 Board exam onwards only ) Telangana ( 2018 Board exams onwards only )
- 75% in Standard XII English language from SSCE,CBSE,ICSE,CISCE