LLM International Maritime Law
The sea is vital to human existence – for commerce, navigation routes, and as a major source of natural resources. Legal expertise in the issues surrounding the law in these areas is always in demand. Our LLM in International Maritime Law will give you an in-depth understanding of the law concerning contracts for the carriage of goods, marine insurance, international trade and law of the sea.Learning from experts with high level academic and practical experience, you will gain specialist knowledge and skills that are highly valued by employers, and open up a range of exciting career opportunities. On this LLM degree you will gain the knowledge and experience to develop into a 21st century lawyer or legal service practitioner with specialist and in-depth understanding of international maritime law. Our postgraduate law degrees give you the opportunity to learn from academics who are industry experts, with a wealth of academic and practical experience.
You will also learn through:
- Guest lectures to give you insight into practice in the field
- Mooting competitions
- Summer schools abroad
- The entry requirement for this LLM in International Maritime Law is a 2:2 honours degree, ideally in a cognate discipline.
- General requirement-
- Indian Students-
- Successful completion of a relevant Bachelors degree from a recognised institution with either a Second Class Upper Division or a Second Class Lower Division equivalent:
- Second Class Upper Division equivalent: 60%; or CGPA 6.7 (10 point system); or CGPA 6 (7 point system); or CGPA 3 (4 point system) - including Standard XII in English - 70% or above (or equivalent).
- Second Class Lower Division equivalent: 55% or CGPA 6.1 (10 point system) or CGPA 5.5 (7 point system) or CGPA 2.67 (4 point system) for institutes of national importance/LLB) including Standard XII in English - 70% or above (or equivalent).
- Arab Students-Candidates are expected to have successfully completed a relevant Bachelors degree from a recognised institution with a minimum of a Second Class Lower Division: CGPA 2.5 (out of 4.0) or Grade C+ CGPA 3.5 (out of 5) or 75% or Grade C+ with IELTS 6.5 with 6.0 in each part of the test (or equivalent)
Indian Students IELTS Waiver::-
- Only Below State Boards are eligible for IELTS Waiver – Karnataka State, Maharashtra State, Tamil Nadu State, West Bengal State,AP (2018 Board exam onwards only ) Telangana ( 2018 Board exams onwards only )
- 75% in Standard XII English language from SSCE,CBSE,ICSE,CISCE