BSc (Hons) Chemistry
BSc Chemistry degree will develop your practical skills as well as your theoretical comprehension and you will have plenty of time in the lab carrying out experiments. In your first year you will undertake a ‘Chemical Thinking’ module to prepare you for university study. You will then gain a broad knowledge of organic, inorganic, physical, analytical, theoretical chemistry and biochemistry and project-based practical work in all your core modules. Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
- Arab Students:- Candidates are expected to have achieved one of the following in the relevant curriculum:
- Al-Thanawaya Al-Amah (GSEC): 60% overall including 60% in 5 relevant subjects
- American High School: Minimum GPA 2.0 (70%)
- Cambridge iGCSE: 5 passed with a minimum C grade average
- IB Certificate: Min 20 Points and must pass mathematics
- Indian Students:-Candidates are expected to have achieved 70% Year XII including Standard XII in English - 70% or above (or equivalent).
- Indian Students IELTS Waiver::-
- Only Below State Boards are eligible for IELTS Waiver – Karnataka State, Maharashtra State, Tamil Nadu State, West Bengal State,AP (2018 Board exam onwards only ) Telangana ( 2018 Board exams onwards only )
- 75% in Standard XII English language from SSCE,CBSE,ICSE,CISCE
- You can undertake our Year in Industry degree variant, which is a four year degree with a year’s work placement in a chosen industry.